Marjorie Gortner is a Hollywood celebrity. She is, however, famed for being the wife of Pat Harrington Jr. Read further to find out a little more about the secret life of this celebrity spouse.
Marjorie Ann Gortner was born on May 27th, 1931 in Grantsville, Maryland, United States of America. She has been featured on several celebrity couples shows like the Tattletales, It Takes Two and It’s Your Bet.
Marjorie was married to a renowned stage actor, Pat Harrington Jr. The pair met in 1954 and married after dating for a year on November 19th, 1955. The couple share four children together, Mike, Tresa-Caitlin, Terry and Patrick Harrington, out of which one of them, Mike Harrington is a professional tennis player.
Majorie and Pat Harrington Jr sadly parted ways and divorced after 29 years of marriage in 1985.
Her ex-husband, Pat Harrington Jr
Pat Harrington is a renowned actor, who was born on August 13, 1929, in Manhattan, United States of America. His father, Pat Harrington Sr was a Broadway actor and dancer. Pat Harrington Jr, did his schooling at La Salle Military Academy, a Catholic military school in Oakdale, New York, United States of America. He pursued his further education at Fordham University, from where he got his bachelor’s degree of arts in 1950 and master’s degree in political philosophy. Before Harrington could venture into the world of acting he served the US Air Force as an intelligence officer.
Harrington began his acting career by working with NBC and performing in Broadway plays. He is best known for his role in the sitcom One Day at a Time. The sitcom revolves around Bonnie Franklin raising her two teenage daughters in Indianapolis. His role in the sitcom was so remarkable that it won him the Golden Globe Award and an Emmy Award. Other notable roles of his include Patt Hannigan in The Danny Thomas Show, The Jack Paar Show and The Men on the Street.
After his marriage with Marjorie Gortner ended, he remarried an insurance executive named Sally Cleaver in 2001.
Pat Harrington Jr, sadly passed away on January 6th, 2106. He had already been suffering from Alzheimer’s disease since November 2015 and had suffered from a small brain hemorrhage before his passing. Harrington lived his last days in a nursing home.
- Marjorie Gortner’s son, Mike Harrington is a professional tennis player who has represented America in several tennis championships, He is a member of the U.S. Junior Davis Cup.
- Marjorie Gortner’s ex-husband, Pat Harrington JR. passed away on the birthday of his longtime co-actor Bonnie Franklin’s birthday.
- Marjorie Gortner and Pat Harrington featured in a game show titled Tattletales that premiered from 1974 to 1975. The show consisted of 32 episodes and featured celebrity couples who matched answers to questions about their personal lives.
- Marjorie Gortner’s ex-husband, Pat Harrington JR. was best known for his nasal voice.
- Pat Harrington Jr., the ex-husband of Majorie Gortner was also a writer, it is known that he wrote scripts for his well-known show One Day At a Time.
Majorie Gortner had been a supportive wife to her husband for as long as they were together, she is a doting mother and grandparent now who lives her life away from the limelight.