Robin Elizabath Lawford is no one other than the daughter of English-American Actor Peter Lawford. Let’s read further about Robin, her life, her dad’s success and his life struggle and achievements and more.
Robin was born on 2 July 1961 in Santa Monica, California, the USA. Her parents are Peter Lawford and Patricia Kennedy Lawford. Her zodiac sign is cancer. She has three siblings and she was the youngest amongst all. Moreover, She was close to her parents.
Peter was born on 7 September, 1923 in London, England. His parents are Sydney Turing Barlow Lawford and May Somerville Bunny. His father was a Lieutenant General. At the time of his birth, his father was married to Muriel Williams and mother was married to Lt. Ernest Vaughn Aylen DSO. Her mother confessed about the affair to Lt. Ernest which eventually led to the double divorce of his parents. Then in September 1924, they both got married. At the age of seven he made a debut in English film Poor Old Bill. Then in 1938 he made his debut in Hollywood in the film Lord Jeff.Due to World War II, he came to Florida, USA. He then struggled a lot and then took several jobs like car parking and theater usher. He then took several small roles in Hollywood and in 1943 he got a major breakthrough, when he signed a contract with MGM. He then got a lead role in Son Of Laisse in 1945. He married Patricia Kennedy in 1954 and they together had Peter. But they got divorced in 1966. Unfortunately, he died at the age of 61 on 24 December, 1984 in Los Angeles, USA.
Achievements and Awards
- Beside being an actor, he was also a producer.
- He was inducted into the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 1999, his film The Rat Pack was nominated for 2 Global Globe Awards from which they were awarded one globe award.
- His wife was a socialite and a Democratic Party leader.
- He had campaigned for her and the party after he became a US citizen in the 1960.
- First, he met Patricia through her sister Eunice in the 1940s.
- He appeared in several episodes of “The Twilight Zone”
- He had a notable role in the movie “Exodus”
- Beside being actor and producer, he was good at dancing and singing also.
- He was a member of Rat Pack alongside Joey Bishop, Frank Sinatara and more.
- Her wife was the sister of President of Democratic Party John F. Kennedy and her another brother was a senator in the US Congress.
- A plaque enshrined with Lawford’s name was erected at Westwood Village Memorial Park.
- At the time of his death, his net worth was around $1 Million.
- He was known for his impeccable sense of style and elegant dressing.
- He had a love for fairy tales since childhood.
- He was never introduced to formal education although a tutor was appointed to teach him.
- He had made charity in the hospitals.
- He had donated to the Cancer Charity.
- His wife founded the National Committee for Literary Arts.
- Beside movie appearances, he also made radio appearances in Lux Radio Theater and Suspense.
Robin was the proud celebrity kid and a loving kid of her parents and has followed the path of her parents.